Thundering Terms and Conditions
Article 1. Purpose
The purpose of these Terms and Conditions is to define the rights, obligations and responsibilities, operating rules, and other necessary matters with the Company and its members in relation to the user of the Service (hereinafter referred to as the “Member”) using the Thundering Service provided by ThunderPlex Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”).
Article 2. Definition
The terms used in these Terms are defined as follows:
- “Service” means thundering services that can be used by members regardless of the terminals implemented (including various wired and wireless devices such as PCs, TVs, portable terminals, etc.) and any services provided by the Company through additional development or partnership agreements with other companies.
- “Member” means a customer who accesses the Company’s services, enters into a use agreement with the Company in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, and uses the services provided by the Company.
- “Group” means a service provided by the Company so that members can gather with one or more members through the Company’s services to freely share interests and socialize.
- “Group Leader” means a member who has established a group through the services provided by the Company and a member who has been transferred the group’s representative authority.
- “Management Staff” means a member responsible for the operation and management of the Group appointed by the Group Leader and the Management Staff.
- “Member” means a member of a group that is a member of a group.
- “Post” means the text, photos, videos, chat messages, and various files and links in the form of information such as all code characters sound-improving image posted on the Service when the member uses the Service.
- “Paid Service” means various information contents, Thundering Plus services, premium services, etc. provided by the Company for a fee, as well as other paid contents and various services.
Article 3. Publication and Revision of Terms and Conditions
- Changes to these Terms and Conditions shall be posted on the initial surface of thundering service “Notice” and http://www.thundering.kr (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”).
- If the Company publishes the revised Terms and Conditions in accordance with the preceding paragraph and the Member has no express objection or separate opinion within the 15-day period, the Member shall be deemed to have agreed to the revised Terms and Conditions.
- If a member does not agree to the application of the revised terms and conditions, the Company shall not be able to provide the service to the member applying the revised terms, in which case the member may terminate the use contract.
- The Company may have separate terms and conditions and policies for paid services and individual services, and if such contents conflict with these Terms, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- If any part of these Terms is deemed unenforceable, the remainder will continue to be effective.
Article 4. Membership and Management
- The use contract is concluded when a person who wishes to become a member (the “Applicant”) agrees to the terms and conditions at the first execution of the Service, and then the applicant applies for membership and the Company accepts such application.
- After the user agrees as described in paragraph (1) to use the Service of the Company, he/she shall enter the required information according to the procedure for using the service and press “OK”. However, if the Company deems it necessary, it may ask the member to submit a separate material.
Article 5. Conclusion of Use Contract
- The Company may not approve or terminate the use contract after the following applies.
- If the applicant has previously lost his/her membership under these Terms and Conditions, however, the exception shall be if the Company has obtained approval to rejoin the Membership.
- In the case of using another person’s name of another person.
- If provide false information or do not provide the contents presented by the Company.
- If the application is not approved due to reasons attributable to the user or violates all other stipulated matters.
- If there are other special circumstances in which the existing terms and conditions cannot be applied.
- In the application under paragraph (1), the Company may request real name verification and identity verification through specialized organizations, depending on the type of member.
- Approval may be reserved in the event of technical or business problems related to the Company’s service-related facilities.
- The Company may divide the member into classes according to the relevant laws and company policy, and divide the use time, number of uses, service menu, etc. into different uses.
Article 6. Change of Member Information
- Members can view and modify their personal information at any time through the “My Profile” in the Service. However, the device identification number (device ID or IMEI), gender, date of birth, etc. required for service management cannot be modified.
- The Company may not immediately change its profile due to technical or business problems related to service-related facilities, and the Company shall not be liable for any disadvantages incurred.
Article 7. Obligations to The Member’s Information Management
- The member is responsible for managing the member’s easy log-in (NAVER, KakaoTalk, Facebook, Google, Line, Apple, WeChat) ID, and it should not be used by others.
- The Company may restrict the use of members if there is a risk of leakage of personal information, antisocial or public order and good order and conditions, or if it may be mistaken for the Company and the company’s operator.
- If a member becomes aware that his/her member information has been stolen or is being used by another person, he/she shall immediately notify the Company and follow the company’s instructions.
- In the case of paragraph (3), the Company shall not be liable for any disadvantages caused by the member’s failure to notify the Company or to follow the Company’s instructions, even if notified.
- Log requests related to the entire service activity, including membership registration and withdrawal, shall not be disclosed to any party unless the Company deems it necessary.
- As the service is designed to be easy to find and interact with members, the member’s profile information can be disclosed, searched, and recommended to anyone. The Company shall not post content that is inconvenient to disclose or is at risk of leakage, and the Company shall not be liable for any disadvantages incurred if posted.
Article 8. Obligations of the Company
- The Company shall faithfully implement measures such as maintaining, checking, or restoring facilities related to the company’s service provision and security to be suitable for continuous and stable service provision. However, the Company may suspend the provision of services for the purpose of maintenance, replacement and breakdown of information and communication facilities such as computers, communication breakdowns, regular inspections, or operational needs.
- The Company shall handle any opinions or complaints raised by members in connection with the use of the Service if it deems them justified. Any comments or complaints raised by members will be communicated through 1:1 inquiry, etc.
Article 9. Duty of Members
- Members shall not perform the following acts, regardless of online.
- Use and impersonation of others’ information
- Registration of false information and changes in information posted by the Company
- Illegal monetary transactions, fraud, deception, etc. that violate current law
- Collecting other members’ personal and account information
- Using the Service for profit without the company’s prior consent
- Posting obscene, violent, or other acts or content contrary to public order and good public order and good works on the Service;
- Use for the purpose of promoting or mediating unwholesome fellowship
- Defame, invade privacy, or otherwise harm the Company and third parties;
- Acts that infringe on intellectual property rights such as copyrights of the Company and third parties
- Acts that pose a risk to account security, such as granting access rights to third parties other than yourself
- Repeated group opening for promotion purposes and disruptive to the operation of the service
- Intentionally repeating the subscription and withdrawal of the Service and maliciously using the Service or disrupting its operation;
- Copying, disassembling, or imitating the Service through reverse engineering, recompilation, disassembly, or any other processing
- Using the Service differently than the abnormal use of the automatic access program, etc., causing a load on the Company’s server and interfering with the company’s normal service.
- Other acts that violate the Rules of Operation or pose a threat to the Service in accordance with this paragraph or as determined by the Company.
- Members may report members or groups that violate these Terms and Conditions to the Company, and the Company shall determine whether or not to restrict the use of the Service for violations of these Terms and Conditions, except for the issue of civil and criminal penalties.
- The Company may request evidence of the contents of the report to the member, and if it is to be a false report, the member who reported it may have restrictions on the use of the service.
- For transparent and smooth interaction between members, the history of other group activities, including registrations and visits, may be disclosed.
- Members can be active as members from the moment they join the Group, and the member party shall be responsible for determining the operating policy set by the group leader and the steering team.
- Members who have not visited the Group for more than a certain period of time determined by the Company after becoming a member of the Group shall be deemed to have no intention of group activities and may be automatically removed from the Group for the activation of the Group.
Article 10. Notice to Members
- If the Company needs notification of a member, it may make announcements, chats, notifications, etc. unless otherwise provided.
- If a notification for the whole member, the Company may post it on the “Notice” screen or chat on the Company’s website or service for more than 7 days, in exchange for the notice in paragraph (1).
Article 11. Provision of Services
- The Company shall do its best to provide the Service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, but the service may be suspended for unforeseen and substantial reasons, such as temporary inspection for equipment maintenance.
- The Company may conduct regular inspections when necessary for the provision of the Service, and the regular inspection time shall be notified on the service screen.
- The Company may divide the service into a certain range and specify the available time for each range separately.
- Thundering automatically caches the member’s public information to the smartphone and synchronizes the changes in order to provide fast service even in a wireless network environment. If you don’t want this, you shouldn’t use Thundering.
- The information is changed or deleted by the member on the Thundering server. However, information cached on third-party smartphones or mobile devices may not be changed or deleted.
- When registering as a Thundering user, the device’s own number (device ID or IMEI) will be collected and stored and used as a Thundering account for personal identification in combination with the user’s phone number.
- In order to send and receive referrals between members for referral services, we may retrieve and transmit public information of other members cached on the device to the server.
- All functions within the Service may be arbitrarily changed in accordance with the Company’s operating policy.
Article 12. Obligations of the Group
- The Group may be opened free of charge by all members, and the following groups shall not be opened:
- Groups that undermine the well-being, order, and public order of society.
- Groups that engage in acts that violate current law, such as fraud or deception.
- Groups for illegal trade, law-breaking transactions.
- Groups that are obscene, violent, or otherwise contrary to public order and good public order.
- Groups used for the purpose of promoting or mediating unwholesome fellowship.
- Groups that cause slander, defamation, invasion of personal information, etc. to the Company and third parties.
- Other acts that violate the Rules of Operation or pose a threat to the Service in accordance with this paragraph or as determined by the Company.
- The Group shall comply with the relevant laws, the provisions of these Terms, and Conditions, the instructions for use and the precautions announced in connection with the service, and if it violates them, the Company may arbitrarily delete the Group and restrict its operation.
- The Group Leader and the Operating Staff shall in no event provide or disclose personally identifiable information to others without the prior consent of the Member, and the Group Leader and the Steering Staff shall be responsible for any problems arising from the group’s violation.
- The Group Leader and the Steering Staff may take measures to prevent the withdrawal or re-entry of the Member if they deem it unsuitable for group activities, such as disturbing the mood of the Group, and shall bear all responsibility for such.
- The Group Leader and the Management Staff are obliged to manage the Group and may establish the Operating Policy through its own notice, but the Group may be warned or sanctioned if the Company deems it to be in violation of the entire Group Rules of Operation or is unreasonable.
- In the event of any monetary transaction between members, online or offline, the parties shall be responsible for all such transactions and the group leader shall be responsible for management.
- The Group Leader and the Steering Staff shall monitor posts prohibited by these Terms and Conditions or the Company’s Rules and may immediately delete the postings and limit the group activities of the members who registered them if they find or report any posts that violate them.
- If a member of the Group engages in any act that violates these Terms or The Rules, regardless of online activities, the party shall be responsible and the group leader shall be responsible for management. In the event that there is no action despite the Company’s warnings, the Company may withdraw the group leader and members or restrict their use.
- The Group Leader and the Steering Staff shall not abuse the above rights due to indiscriminate withdrawal or unjust exercise of power, and group activities may be restricted or sanctions may be imposed upon the Company when reports relating to abuse are received.
- For the smooth and transparent management of groups between-group heads and management staff, group management history such as member withdrawal or deletion of posts may be shared among the management staff.
- The Group Head and The Steering Staff shall be deemed to have agreed to appoint the company if it is able to appoint the operating team, has all responsibility for it, and the appointed operator does not express his/her intention to refuse the position.
- Group leaders can delete groups even when members are joined, and groups can be transferred through group head transfer.
- In principle, if the group leader is delegated, it is not possible to delegate, but if the new group leader causes damage to the operation of the group, the company may, at the company’s discretion, return the group leader’s authority only at the request of the former group leader.
- The group leader may leave the group even if the new group leader has not been delegated, and if the operating staff or members joining the group are delegated to the new group head, the previous group leader may withdraw.
- The group leader who has been suspended from use for acts contrary to the rules of operation and the head of the group who does not visit for a certain period of time shall be deemed to have no will to operate and the Company may directly transfer or destroy the group leader’s authority for smooth service.
- Group information and posts may be disclosed through search or other applications (services) to maximize group exposure.
- The Company does not allow group members to be recruited and then moved to other services within the services provided by the Company.
- The Company may set separate group rules to support the operation of the Group smoothly, and the Group shall comply with the following.
Article 13. Management of Posts
- All posts registered in the Service may be monitored, and the Company may delete the postings at its discretion in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations if they violate the provisions and operating rules of these Terms and Conditions.
- If a member terminates the use contract or the use contract is terminated by the Company, the post recorded in the account of the member may be deleted at random. However, posted within the public service, such as posts and comments that have been shared or republished as scraps by other members, will not be deleted for the normal use of the service by other members.
- If a member withdraws from the group or is forced out of the group, all posts registered by the member in the group will not be deleted or modified, and the Company shall not be liable for any damages caused by this.
- All postings are responsible for management to registered members, group heads and management staff, and the Company does not guarantee backups or rights to them.
- The Company may change/transfer the placement of the post or share it between applications (or sites) without changing the contents of the post, if the service’s operating policy or integration between applications (or sites) operated by the Company, or the transfer of individual services to other applications (or sites) operated by the Company.
- The Company may disclose all posts within the Group, including group information, through Internet browsing and other applications (or sites) to maximize group exposure and improve service operation.
Article 14. Copyright of the Post
- The copyright of the post posted by the member in the service belongs to the author of the post.
- Posts posted by members within the Service may be exposed to search results, and members can delete them through the management function in the Service.
- The Company may store and store all postings in the Group, and if it is confirmed that it violates the member’s laws and regulations, the Company may view the postings for the purpose of resolving disputes between members, handling complaints, or maintaining group order, and shall not provide them to third parties except as provided by laws and regulations.
- When viewing the company’s postings in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the Company may notify the member related to the relevant content.
- If a member’s post contains content that violates related laws such as the Information and Communication Network Act and the Copyright Act, the right holder may request the posting to be suspended or deleted in accordance with the procedures prescribed by the relevant law, and the Company shall take measures in accordance with the relevant laws.
- The detailed procedures under this Article are in accordance with the suspension request service set by the Company to the extent stipulated by the Information and Communication Network Act and the Copyright Act, and the suspension request service can be requested by http://www.thundering.kr.
Article 15. Paid Service
- The Company provides thundering services for free or for a fee.
- “Thundering Plus”, a paid service, is a subscription payment service that is automatically paid regularly for the amount presented for each selected unit (30 days or annually).
- The Company provides all paid services for a fee, but can provide them for a certain period of time for free, and the free trial period cannot be reapplied after the “ThunderingPlus” subscription expires.
- Thundering Plus requires a separate payment process from the membership registration and shall be paid at the member’s decision.
- ThunderingPlus is considered to be in use from the moment the Member initiates the ThunderPlus subscription through payment, regardless of whether or not the group to be applied is selected after payment of the subscription.
- In the case of “ThunderingPlus”, there may be differences in the application of premium features on OS and other OS paid due to inconsistencies at the time of service update by OS.
- Since each room of Thundering Plus is a space created individually by each member in order to make good use of the service, the Company shall not be liable if a private dispute arises for each member who belonged to the group due to the circumstances in which the space was closed due to the private reasons for which the Company cannot intervene.
- “Thundering Plus” can be used for 30 days as of the original payment date, and it will be used for 30 days before automatic payment. If you do not wish to pay this automatic payment, you must modify, terminate or cancel ThunderingPlus before the scheduled automatic payment date.
- Automatic payment will be made based on the date of payment for the first “Thundering Plus” service.
Article 16. Rewards
- “Thundering” is a platform with the ability to grant rewards to group heads.
- Rewards are given to group heads for a portion of the number of members who join ThunderingPlus from the group created by the group leader. However, rewards are excluded for business (hot deal) group heads.
- In the sales of Thundering Plus (excluding fees and other expenses) for a certain period of time, a fixed percentage will be paid to the group leader as a reward.
- Registration must be made prior to applying for the Reward, and the individual group leader will be paid in points excluding 3.3% tax, and the business and corporate group heads will deposit the amount excluding some taxes in points.
- In order to receive rewards, the group manager’s personal or business information is required. (Some documents may change)
- Personal: First-person files, copies of personal IDs, copies of bank cards, etc.
- Business/Corporate: Business License File, Copy of Representative ID, Copy of Corporate Passbook, etc.
- Rewards will be awarded in Thunder Points.
- Points are collected in groups and accumulated in the group leader’s account.
- 1Point is converted to 1 won.
- If the group leader accumulates more than 50,000 points, the group head can request cash in.
- As of the 25th of each month, the company will accumulate points set by the company in the group leader account after the 5th of the next day.
- Rewards may be subject to abuse cases, so future settlement methods may change continuously.
Article 17. Refunds and Cancellation of Subscriptions
- Cancellations and refunds for all payments related to the Paid Service shall be subject to the Company’s internal policy and the relevant laws of the Store.
- The right to unsubscribe from paid services is for subscribed members, and subscriptions are automatically renewed unless the member cancels the subscription, regardless of whether the service or group is subscribed.
- In principle, all amounts after the paid service is subscribed are non-refundable, and due to the nature of the store’s subscription payment, the first one payment will be automatically charged, so no refund request due to mistakes or simple changes.
- In the case of cancellation of a group’s subscription that is restricted from use in violation of the Company’s rules, it is also non-refundable and must be cancelled directly by the subscribed member.
- Requests for refunds or requests for personal information from payers due to reasons attributable to personal information use and payment fraud may be refused unless required by law.
- If there is a problem with the payment method during the subscription of the paid service, it may be automatically canceled during the subscription regardless of the member’s will in accordance with the relevant laws and policies of the store.
Article 18. Provision of Information and Publication of Advertisements
- The Company may provide various information deemed necessary by the member during the use of the service by means of “announcements” in the service, service screen, chat, etc.
- The Company may place advertisements on the service screen, chat, homepage, etc. in connection with the operation of the Service.
Article 19. Change of Service
- The Company may change or discontinue all or some services provided in accordance with operational and technical needs in the event of any other significant reason, such as difficulty in providing smooth services due to reduced use, worsening profitability, the need to switch services due to technological advances, or changes in company policies related to the provision of services.
- The Company may modify, suspend, or change some or all of the services provided as necessary for the Company’s policies and operations, and shall not compensate members separately unless otherwise provided in the relevant laws.
- When there is a change or service interruption regarding the contents, usage, and use time of the service, the Company shall determine and, if necessary, notify the contents of the service that will be changed or discontinued in advance in a manner that the member can fully recognize, such as the “Announcement” screen, chat, and other thundering service screens on the Company’s website or service.
Article 20. Attribution of Rights
- Copyright and intellectual property rights in the Service belong to the Company. However, we exclude posts of members and works provided in accordance with affiliate agreements.
- Copyrights and other intellectual property rights relating to all trademarks, service marks, logos, etc. related to the services provided by the Company, such as the design of services provided by the Company, text, scripts, graphics, and the ability to transfer members between members, are owned or licensed by the Company in accordance with laws and regulations of the Republic of Korea and abroad.
- Except for the expressly permitted contents, members may not copy or distribute the transmission function between members of text, scripts, and graphics created by the Company, including the use, copying, and distribution of member status information obtained through the Service for commercial purposes.
- The Company may not notify members of all or part of the algorithms related to the design of the Service for the operation and security of the Service.
Article 21. Termination of Contract
- The Member may apply for termination of the use contract at any time through the account deletion screen in the Service, and the Company shall immediately process it in accordance with the relevant laws.
- If a member terminates the contract, the member’s account data will be destroyed immediately after termination, unless the Company retains the member information in accordance with the relevant laws and the personal information handling policy.
- Even if a member terminates the contract, the member’s posts registered, lightning reviews, replies, comments, 1:1 chats, group chats, lightning-making related contents, scraps, and shared members’ posts will not be deleted for the normal use of the service by other members.
Article 22. Use Limit
- The Company may restrict the use of the Service step by step by warning, blocking, or suspension of use if the Member violates the obligations of these Terms and Conditions or interferes with the operation of the Service.
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the Company may immediately suspend indefinite use of illegal laws such as impersonation and payment in violation of the Resident Registration Act, theft of phone numbers, provision and operation of illegal programs in violation of the Copyright Act and the Computer Program Protection Act, illegal communication and hacking in violation of the Information and Communication Network Act, distribution of malicious programs, and excess access rights. If the service is not used indefinitely under this Article, all benefits obtained through the use of the service will be extinguished, and the Company will not compensate for this.
- When general members register for membership, if the member is under the age of 12 or deceives his or her actual age when signing up, also illegally use the photograph of someone else other than the actual photograph of the person, or registers inappropriate photographs, contents, or other false contents, the Company may forcibly withdraw or restrict the use of the services.
- The Company may restrict the use of member information for the protection of member information and efficiency of operation if the member does not log in for more than a certain period of time as determined by the Company.
- Within the scope of the restriction of the use of this Article, the terms, and details of the restrictions shall be determined by the Company’s restriction on use policy.
- Members may file objections to the use of the use limit according to this Article in accordance with the procedures set by the Company. If the Company deems the objection to be justified, the Company shall immediately resume use of the Service.
Article 23. Limit liability
- The Company shall be exempted from responsibility for providing the Service if the Service cannot be provided due to natural disasters or equivalent force majeure.
- The Company shall not be liable for any failure to use the Service due to reasons attributable to the Member.
- The Company shall not be liable for the reliability and accuracy of the information, data, and facts posted by members in connection with the Service.
- The Company shall not be liable for transactions between members or between members and third parties that occur during the service use process.
- The Company shall not be liable for disputes, defamation, fraud, civil or criminal problems, or other damages between members within the Group, regardless of online or online, in the course of using the Service.
- The Company shall not be liable for all services provided by the Company unless otherwise provided in the relevant laws.
- When connecting to a wireless network (5G, LTE, 3G, WiFi, etc.) to use the service, it may be charged separately depending on the plan you have subscribed to, and the Company is not responsible for the member’s data usage fee.
- The Company shall not be liable for any obligation or other obligation to monitor the contents and quality of products or services advertised by third parties on the screen of the Service or through linked websites.
- The Company and its employees and agents shall not be liable for any damages arising from the following matters:
- Damages caused by false or inaccurate member status information
- Personal damages arising from access to the Service and the use of the Service, regardless of its nature
- Damages arising from any unlawful access or illegal use of the server by third parties
- Damages arising from any unlawful interference or interruption by third parties in the transmission to or from the server
- Damages caused by any viruses, spyware, and other malicious programs that cause third parties to illegally transmit or disseminate the Services
- Damages caused by errors and omissions, omissions, destruction, etc. of transmitted data
- Damages arising from the registration of member status information and use of the service
- To the extent permitted by law, the Company does not make any commitments or warranties regarding the Services in any specific matters not specified in these Terms.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damages caused by the member’s leakage or providing his/her personal information to others.
- As a telecommunications sales mediator, the Company only provides systems based on the Group, and the parties shall be responsible for all disputes regarding the contents of the system.
- The Company shall not be liable for any money and all other transactions arising from the Business Group (Hot Deal).
Article 24. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
- Lawsuits filed between the Company and members shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Korea.
- Any dispute between the Company and a member shall be the competent court of the Civil Procedure Act.
These Terms and Conditions will take effect on September 28, 2021.